Animation incompatible although using same skeleton

Hey guys!
First off, I’d like to let you know that I’m very new to Unreal and thus I might be missing something obvious here.
So I have the default third person character which comes with the template, and I also added the Anim Starter Pack from the store. Problem is, however, I can’t play any of the animations that come with the pack on my default third person dude. They don’t show up as options for the Play node when adding them in a state (see first picture - the 7 animations you see there are not the ones that come with the anim pack, but the ones that come with the third person template), and when I simply try to drag and drop them from the folder to the animation state graph, it just says that the skeletons are incompatible. Now, truth be told, they do use different skeletons (the one that came with the anim pack is used by the animations, whereas the one that came with the third person template is used by the character) but they are literally identical. Also, if I try to retarget the animation, I have no other skeletons as options for retargeting (second image), making me thing they don’t show up because unreal treats both skeletons as the same one (because they are identical).

Any clues why this is happening and what should I do in order to actually be able to use the other animations? Thanks!