Animation effecting navigation speed and direction

I’m working on making a simple AI. It can currently move between two way-points at the speed I want, however this is without animation (so its moving around but in the “Jesus pose”).

When I specify to use the Animation blueprint, it goes way to fast and not toward the waypoints. I’m not sure why this is happening, I’m using the animation blueprint provided by the Animation Starter Pack (Project/Content/AnimStarterPack/UE4ASP_HeroTPP_AnimBlueprint.uasset · master · Dudley Dawes / Simulated-Worlds-Unreal-Assignment · GitLab)

Here is a video without the animation (good speed I want but is not animating):

And with the Animation (bad speed, goes crazy and dosen't follow waypoints but has animation):
Why is this happening?

I think I figured it out.

My blueprint for the enemy is called BaseEnemy. In the video, it is inheriting from ACharacter. I decided to change it to ADefaultPawn which is a pawn with basic controls enabled. Doing this seemed to fix some of the issue but not really, it was atleast navigating to the correct points.

The fix for me was to make my BaseEnemy class inherit from ACharacter (like I had originally) but I also needed to check these two boxes in the inherited CharacterMovementComponent: