Animation curves

I’m blending two sets of animations by bone and trying to extract my curve data from one set of animations. The curves are all set correctly and there is no confliciting curve data in any other animations but weirdly, I only get sporadic read-outs of the correct values with 0.0 being printed out the rest of the time. I suspect this has something to do with transitions but there must be some way of telling the engine to lift data only from a specific subset. I tried digging into the source but it revealed little, and of course I’ve been through every post on the topic Google could throw at me without avail. Does anyone have any experience of what’s happening under the hood?

I watched a video recently by a bod who claimed that unreal 5.0 had broken the ability to extract the animation data and that he had to go back to 4.27 to get what he wanted. Maybe not related to your situation but I just thought I would mention it.

Actually (and as usual) it was my fault. I’d done a bunch of custom animations that, for some reason, had added the curve I was using by default, and were skewing the values from other curves. I changed the curve name in the skeletal mesh, went to exit out of the editor and saw all files in need of saving. Went through them and deleted the curve. Now all is right with the world.