Animated Blueprint parameters not rendering in MRQ

hey there,

I´m currently trying to sorta-build a layer rendering pipeline for a TV production I´m working on.
We started with a blueprint from the marketplace, but then needed to change a few things to get more layers in comp out of it.
We added a few boolean switches that switch the dynamic master material in the blueprints construction script, that are then using some fancy prerendered lighting (which is why we can´t simply assign the materials outside of the blueprint).

We then proceeded to set up a master sequence and added the level sequence in it as an instance.
For every instance we then added the blueprint with the exposed switches, thinking we could then switch the materials per instance, thus being able to output all layers in one go.

In theory everything works now:
If we scrub the timeline, the material switches correctly in the viewport, if we hit “simulate” and PIE the sequence plays and the material switch correctly.

But if we render using MRQ, it always renders the whole sequence using the last switched material in editor.

I´ve tried a bunch of things without success and my very limited knowledge about blueprints,
like copying everything from the construction graph into the event graph and wiring an event tick into it.

Any idea how to proceed?
For some shots we ended up using up to 40 layers, so setting each up manually and waiting for the render to finish, before setting up the next one has become a bit of a nightmare…