Animate character using human pose estimation?

Hi everyone, I’m new here and I have quite a lot to learn.

How would I go about using human pose estimation to create animations or directly control game character skeletons? In particular I’m using VideoPose3D to take the body pose estimations from a regular video and I’m hoping I can use this output to make a character move in the same way. VideoPose3D outputs a numpy file which gives the 3D coordinates of 17 body points for each frame in the video.

If my thinking is right, the overall process would look something like this:
phone video → VideoPose3D → 3D pose → ?some kind of conversion? → animate rig on Blender → import to UE4

I’ve also stumbled upon Live Link in my searches but I don’t know if it can take the input I want to send it.

I’m also open to alternatives to my current process, if there’s a simpler way to do this.

Anyway, thanks for any and all input. Sorry if I missed some forum rules here. I’m just feeling quite overwhelmed by how much information there is and how little time I have to absorb it😅

2 Likes

I encountered the same question, did you have any idea? Thanks a lot!

This plugin seems to do the job (haven’t tried it) : http://pose.uplugins.com/product/pose-tracker-plugin-for-unreal-engine/