Download

Anim notify triggers twice in blend spaces?

I put anim notifies in the animation sequences of a character walking.

I’m logging when my character animation’s left foot and right foot land in a walk cycle and I’m seeing it come out like this:

Left
Left
Right
Right
Left
Left

It logs two instances of a message at the exact same time so it seems like the same notify triggers the event twice in succession.

This is happening in a blend space for my character’s crouch walking animation. And it goes from still to moving so there can’t be two animations it’s being confused about in between.

I tried putting these notifies in my character’s standing animation just to see what happens and it’s not firing them twice, so I’m guessing there’s something going on from it being in a blend space.

Walking animations are a very common thing that people use notifies for so I’m sure someone else may know how to do this correctly.

Ah fixed it! Asking the question here made me think of a good thing to search on Google.

The solution was here. Making the blend space have its Notify Trigger Mode set to Highest Weighted Animation.
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/156553/animation-blending-causing-double-audio-notify.html