Anim Notify playing twice during transition?

I’m creating a hack’n’slash type of game. My notifies are setup so at ‘AttackDone’, if the player has issued another attack, it will play the next attack (allowing for quick combos). At ‘AnimDone’, the player just goes back to idle stance.

When issuing 2 attacks, this is printed to the screen. (From bottom to top)

The first attack hits AttackDone, and then when it transitions to the next attack, it immediately runs AttackDone again within 1 milisecond before the next attack even starts,

(It should play AttackDone once, then transition to the next animation where it plays that one’s AttackDone and AnimDone)

How can I fix this so it won’t play the exact same notify a second time during the transition?
I have tried setting Trigger weight to 1 on all my notifies, but it didn’t help.

Thanks!

I fixed it by making the animations quickly go back to idle then to attack2, rather than from attack1 to attack2.

Although it works, I’m not marking this as correct as it’s a workaround and I’d like to know how to properly solve the issue. Thanks!

Sorry, could you elaborate on how that works? I am actually trying to do the exact same thing as you, and I am facing the exact same problem. How does going back to idle fix it? Doesn’t it still trigger attack2 anyways? My current workaround is using delays. I have an enum listing the different attacks, and I select from that enum a different length of time for my delays. On the attack event I run a sequence, and on the first sequence it does the AttackDone, and on the second sequence it does the AnimFinished (using a re-triggerable delay this time around). A bit too hacky for my taste, but it gets the job done. I know this is an old post, but it’d be great to get some help on this.

Hey, paragonx9 just realized this was still open so I’ll post a solution for you+anyone else.

I’m posting this much later and the problem area has been changed a long time ago so I can no longer reference it, however I’m pretty sure this was the problem, and the right way to do it:

When chaining attacks/animations, notifies will play for both animations while they transition. So if one anim starts to transition, it will continue to play all of it’s notifies plus the new animations notifies, which leads to odd results.

To fix this, set the notify trigger weight to about 0.5 (50% anim weight percentage). This way notifies will only play on the animation that has the higher weight percentage when transitioning, and not both.

yeeboi that was it