Anim notify event doesn't work in VR sequence playback.

Hi, I am very new to this, so forgive my ignorance and please try to be thorough in your advice.

I am trying to design spatial audio for a VR animation. The Unreal project of the animation was given to me by others, it was set up in Sequencer and it doesn’t utilise any blueprints apart from a very minimal Level Blueprint. I am using Wwise to set up the audio, but my problem lies in UE (I imagine).

There is an animation of some slowly flickering “sparks” that I want to attach sounds to, so I am trying to set up anim notifies to play sounds when the sparks light up. I have set up an ak_notify (if I remember it’s name correctly) in the spark animation sequence editor and when I play it in the editor, it triggers the sound, but when I play the sequence normaly, the sound doesn’t play. On the other hand, when I don’t have “follow” selected in the notify details, the sound plays in the sequence and it’s also not spatialized. I found some related posts here, but I couldn’t make much of them, so I decided to ask myself. So…does anybody have the patience to explain to me, in a way that I will understand, how this works? :slight_smile:

Finally, and I don’t know if this is related to the above issue, I do not own a VR headset (and the VR preview play selection is grayed out), so is it possible to simulate head rotation with the mouse in my viewport so that it works like a 360 video (for example like in youtube) when I am playing the sequence? Or do I have to do it in a blueprint? And if so, can somebody just give me some general guidelines on how to do it?

Any help would be much apreciated.

Audio kinetic actually supports and implements their UE4 plugin, which would include setting up how the ak_notify works with wWise. It sounds to me like there’s an issue with wWise plugin for UE4 so you might want to ping them on their forums.

I don’t know the answer to your question about 360 video simulation. Might be a better sub-forum here than audio for that.