Anim Montage Interruption event?

Hi guys,

I couldn’t find anywhere else where this was mentioned (and I looked for quite a while) so if its already been asked, I apologize, but I was wondering if there’s any way to know whether an animation montage was interrupted (ie, an “onAnimInterrupted” event node or something similar).

My problem is that I have a side-step dodge in my game, and when it is initiated a boolean becomes true letting the game know that I am dodging. At the end of the animation, an anim notify is set off that resets that boolean. However, if the animation is interrupted by things such as damage animations or some other animations that have priority over the animation (and some that shouldn’t, but still play on top of it for some reason), that anim notify is never triggered because the animation never reaches that frame. This causes a problem because when that boolean is set the player can no longer side step, meaning if it never gets reset, the player can never side step again after that time.

Any help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,

You do have the “Play Montage” node, not sure if this was implemented in 4.17 or earlier, but this one might have what you are looking for.

212642-playmontage.png

Oh, this must be new to 4.17, because that is exactly what I was looking for! lol. I was planning on updating soon, I just haven’t gotten around to it yet because of how much work I’ve had lately. Thank you for your reply!