Anim Dynamics not trailing behind character whilst moving

Hey everyone,

I’m working on a floating character who has dangling wires coming off their torso, and I want them to trail around behind his movement. The current setup uses joint chains with Anim Dynamics applied in the ABP (I’ve also attempted this with rigidbody phsyics). The character’s movement is programmatic.

Now the issue I’m having is that the wires are not effected by the character’s movement - only by their animations. This results in the directional locomotion looking very strange as the wires are only effected by the character’s weight shifting in the animation and not the actual locomotion.

Upon debugging I’ve found that the joint chain is moving as expected, however the actual mesh is not, as if it’s being figured out but not applied to the joint during in-editor play.

Is this a case of Anim Dynamics not working correctly until the project is complied? Or is this a bug?

I’ve been looking at this issue for a few days now, to no avail. If anyone has any ideas what I can try, please let me know! Also let me know if anyone needs anymore information about this as I’m being vague with details due to the project being unannounced. Thank you!

what if you add the physics stuff to post process anim blueprint?

Thanks for the response! Sadly I just tried that and no luck. It’s the same result as before - the anim dynamics act as though there’s no movement influencing them