Anim blueprint linking blending transition

Hi,

Ive been trying to use the Anim layer linking feature and was wondering if there is a way to blend the transition between 2 linked anim layer.
From what i can see if i swap the layer for anohter one it is instant

in case it wasn’t clear, i am talking about this feature.

i wonder if there is a feature that does it automatically or some trick to save the pose before the swap and blend.

thank you.

Only Inertialization blend is supported now,
In your anim blueprint, select the layer that you want to set the blend options:

and don’t forget to add this node to your graph:

2 Likes

Been having the same issue and you basically said the solution.
Unlinking a layer made my character Tpose before coming out of the state they were in. Using save pose snapshot when i want to come out of the state and using the snapshot on the anim layer graph that’s on the main Animbp gave me a smooth transition.

Despite the Input pose being disconnected, I can still receive animation through it.

Adding to this answer, you set the blend in/out on the actual layer blueprint, not the main anim BP. Also, if you’re using some template BP to drive different sets of animations (for example, combat stance vs unarmed stance, which will probably have different walking animation), you have to set the blend values on the template base layer.

1 Like

I made a few mistakes in this explanation so here we go again.
I’m using the same logic for setting the snapshot, i just changed the name of the variable to weapon equipped.

This is my Main Anim BP, and when a sword is equipped, my Sword Layer is linked allowing me to use sword specific animations and logic.
Note the Linked Anim Layer instance class is set to none. This is the default class that will be used when there are no animation layers linked. This actually exists as a graph and is the actual Layer on the Main Anim BP

This is where we use the Pose Snapshot. This gives us a ‘last frame still’ and then i use my blend poses node to smooth out of it. You can also put anim sequences in there instead. When no layer is linked, the Linked Anim Layer node will just say ‘weapon’ which is the name of my Anim layer.