Android UE4.27 Run gradle.bat but with some messed up errors

So, I finished my android game and was preparing to test on my mobile device. Then while launching, I get this error -

LogPlayLevel: FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
LogPlayLevel: * What went wrong:
LogPlayLevel: Could not determine the dependencies of task ':app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
LogPlayLevel: > Installed Build Tools revision 33.0.0 is corrupted. Remove and install again using the SDK Manager.
LogPlayLevel: * Try:
LogPlayLevel: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
LogPlayLevel: * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED in 7s

And below that, I got cmd.exe failed with args and Intermediate\Android\armv7\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug

I’ve tried renaming the d8.bat to dx.bat in Appdata\local\android\Sdk\build-tools\33.0.0 and duplicating d8.bat and renaming the duplicate to dx.bat. The same I did to the d8.jar in the lib folder in 33.0.0\lib.

I’ve also tried completely removing the version 33 from android studio but it gives me a different error saying WebViewControl.java:123: error: cannot find symbol and WebViewControl.java:125: error: cannot find symboland WebViewControl.java:122: error: cannot find symbol but it seemed like there wasn’t any option to fix that. So I have to keep version 33.

As you can see, It says 33.0.0 is corrupted and there is another problem saying it couldn’t determine the dependencies of task app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac.

Please help, I need to do this. It was working fine yesterday but after I was trying out unreal engine 5 and then came back(It wasn’t suited for me since I wanted to develop for 32-bit devices too) and found this. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I´ve got just the same error. Did you find any fixes? I was working on a PSo cache with Unreal Meta fork 4.27 and tried to update the Android sdk to 34 and then all went off.