Android SDK not recognized by Unreal Engine 5

Hi everyone, im new in Unreal and im trying to make Android export work, followed some tutorials, read the documentation and the forum, as far as i know this should be working but Unreal does not recognize Android for the export. Ill try to put in here my config as detailed as i can:

i tried with Android sdk 4 (as required in the tutorial for Unreal 5), in one of the steps it says i must run a .bat

this is what i get when i try to run that.
so i installed the version 3.5.3, still the same message is shown.

This is how my config looks like:

Also checked the regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Android Studio
it looks like this

Also did this installation using visual studio 2019 as required in the tutorial

restarted many times, yet it looks like this

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks a lot

Hi, I went directly from version 4.27.2 to 5.1, but I imagine it will be the same with 5.0, be sure to follow the steps that Epic tells you when making a Android build, installing Android Studio, configuring the system, the UE project, and compiling native for Android for the specific Unreal Engine version you are using; always follow the Unreal Engine documentation.
For example: if you are using version 5.1, you would have to launch the SetupAndroid.bat from \Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine\Extras\Android, to install the NDK r25b (NDK API Level = Android-25) and not the 21, which is the one I see you have set and would give you problems (you may need more things, you have to follow the steps one by one and ignore old tutorials).
I use Quest 2 (native android) with UE5.1, I have not tested with tablets.

Have you installed Android Studio properly?

Thanks for answering, i´ve beeing trying, uninstalled android studio and reinstalled again folowing this:

get untill step 3, Setting up android NDK. but when trying to execute SetupAndroid.bat
this is what i see

although i installed android stuidio 4.0 as the docs says for unreal 5.0.1.
the only thing im thinking about is, that i have my unreal installationin in another location, not the default C:/Program Files/Epic Games but that shouldn´t be a problem, should be?

Unreal Engine can be in another drive (I have it in another) but I seem to remember that all the Android Studio part has to be in the C: drive, I have all the Java and Android in C:.
It is very possible that this is the problem, I think it happened to me and I saw it somewhere that it was totally necessary.
Let us know if this is the case.

Use UE version 5.1 better; 5.0 is buggy.

1 Like

Yes i have all the android studio installation is in C in the default path.
Ill try updating tu UE 5.1

1 Like

That fixed it, i installed UE 5.1, now the .bat file runs and installs de NDK, and android is available to use:

Thank you all!

2 Likes