Android Packaging Gradle Error?

Hi people please HELP with this one,

Basically, I’m getting an error below when trying to test a game on Android :

ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c “C:\Users/…\Intermediate\Android\armv7\gradle\rungradle.bat” :app:assembleDebug

I tested the same game 2 days ago on my phone and it worked. Then suddenly, just simply stopped with the above error message.

Im using 4.26 version and please see below the rest of the wonderful error messages Im getting when trying to test my game

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. LogPlayLevel: What went wrong: LogPlayLevel: Execution failed for task ‘:app:packageDebug’. LogPlayLevel: > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade LogPlayLevel: > Entry name ‘META-INF/android.arch.lifecycle_extensions.version’ collided LogPlayLevel: Try: LogPlayLevel: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights. LogPlayLevel: * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED in 8s

PLEASE HELP WITH THIS

Did you ever figure this out? I’m getting the same error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an
exception. * What went wrong:
Execution failed for task
‘:app:packageDebug’. A failure
occurred while executing
com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
Entry name
‘META-INF/android.arch.lifecycle_extensions.version’
collided Try: Run with --stacktrace
option to get the stack trace. Run
with --info or --debug option to get
more log output. Run with --scan to
get full insights. Get more help at
https://help.gradle.org BUILD FAILED
in 1m 53s

Oddly, this Build had succeeded earlier today. The only changes of which i am aware, are that I had attempted the build on the Epic’s UE 4.26.1, instead of the GitHub Oculus’s UE 4.26.0 (which had been the initial success), and now a new build on Githubs Oculus UE 4.26.0 throws the same error. I will revert the project and see if that works.

FWIW, reverting worked. So, a possible (broad) answer here is do not use other than the GitHub Oculus build (if that’s what your device is)