Android Packaging Failed: Unknown Error

Hi im using UE 4.14 in Linux Ubuntu 16.04 64 bits . Im trying to make a mobile project. I installed succesfully Codeworks for Ubuntu 1r5 ( latest). Also when the system recognises my ( its ok the setup: developer activated, allow usb debugging, allow another software, connect to my pc).

When i launch the project in my , its working some minutes ( messages that compiling succeed) and in the final line it gives me error of Unknown Build Error and i cant get the app in the mobile.

Any idas help ??

Thanks
pd: if you need any log or question id give to you…

Edufissure,

Please upload your error output logs as a .txt file so that I can further assist you. If the project is crashing once it’s on the mobile device, please provide me with your logcat files:

• Attach your phone to the computer
  • Go here: C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
  • Open up Monitor.bat
  • Launch the program and save the logs

If you cannot get Monitor.bat to open, please go to:

• C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\lib\monitor-x86
  • Open up Monitor.exe
  • Follow the instructions above

Make sure that you highlight all of the logs, because they do not save unless they’re highlighted.

Thank you!

, im using ubuntu linux, so monitor.bat and so i cant use…Just let me where i can get the logs you asked me. I cant get the app to be installed in my phone.

Thanks

I may have previously misunderstood your original post. If you are failing before your project is deployed onto the device, please copy and paste your terminal information into a text file and upload it with your next reply.

Thank you!

I haven’t even gotten UE4 to compile successfully on Linux yet. Kudos to you. :slight_smile:

Where can i find the logs ?.. as it crashes i cant get the log …

Try this: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hey Edufissure,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you!

Well i have the same issue, ive been busy these days… i have look to my log and are empty … so i cant give more information. Also copy % paste is very buggy in Ubuntu…

UnrealDirectory/Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs is empty…

Thanks for your help

Well i have the same issue, ive been busy these days… i have look to my log and are empty … so i cant give more information. Also copy % paste is very buggy in Ubuntu…

UnrealDirectory/Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs is empty…

Thanks for your help

Please reply back once you can obtain more information for us.

Ive somehow get the log: ZURB - Chop

Thanks

Another one: ZURB - Chop

Thanks

Looking over the logs you’ve provided, it looks like you have a lot of errors. Please remove any plugins that you are not using in your project, delete your Intermediate and Saved folders from your project.

Then I would copy and paste the output logs into a word processing software and search for ‘error’ and look at the very bottom and work your way up. That should tell you which assets are having trouble.

Currently there are errors in the thousand so I need to narrow down exactly what’s going on and this is one way to do it.

but the thing is that the same project was compiled in Windows by a friend of mine, and i was able to generate an apk and install it in my phone. So i can guess that is a bug of unreal engine for linux.
By the way this is the log with intermediate and save folders deleted: ZURB - Chop

Well i have updated to 4.14.3 and seems that works fine. So could be a bug in 4.14.1…

It’s very possible that you were running into an obscure bug from 4.14.1. Do you still have an absurd amount of warnings in the output logs though?