Android NDK r18b breaks Unreal 4.23

I’m trying to Android NDK 18b for Unreal’s 4.23’s included First Person Shooter sample program…

• I installed the Android NDK r18b from this URL at Google and copied it to c:\nvpack:
    https://dl.google.com/android/repository/android-ndk-r18b-windows-x86_64.zip
  • I configured the project to use the NDK and SDK and target Android API Level 21 (see screenshot below).
  • Whenever I build however, I get this error about NDK r18c … even though I have NDK r18b installed…
  • Does anyone know how to get r18b to work with Unreal? I need functionality only available in NDK r18b and eventually, need Android API level 28 from it as well.
  • Thanks!

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ********** STAGE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ********** PACKAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ERROR: Android toolchain NDK r18c not supported; please use NDK r14b to NDK r18b (NDK r14b recommended)

286776-android-ndk-18b.png

Have you found the solution yet ? I am stuck with the same problem. I need api 28 to upload to Play Store

Have you found the solution yet ? i have the same problem

I have the same issue.
For now, no clue.

Same Problem here :frowning:

Having the exact same thing… What’s going on?

Any update on this? I’m facing the same issue

Unreal Engine uses specifically NVIDIA CodeWorks (Version 1R7u1) for Android SDK and NDK.

You could try installing the newer CodeWorks version from Nvidia instead of googles version. Could these two different SDKs have slight differences that matter?

Current Nvidia CodeWorks 1R8 uses NDK r18b and API 28.
Download from Nvidia: Download Center | NVIDIA Developer

Thou it is recommended to stick with CodeWorks 1R7u1, in your case maybe worth a shot,
good luck!

I’ve configure UE to use the CodeWorks-bundled Android SDK/NDK and same result:
[2019.10.20-10.34.19:626][366]LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Android toolchain NDK r18c not supported; please use NDK r14b to NDK r18b (NDK r14b recommended)

also tried building master instead of 4.23 to no avail

I did my best to fix this matter and couldn’t find a solution. Something somewhere is bugged, and the only way I found to get it working was to uninstall CodeWorks 1R8 and install 1R7.

This is my configuration now, I’m using ndk r15c, which is the one that came with 1R7 I hope this helps anyone looking for a solution.

download and instal sdk and ndk and jdk in this video :