"Android Menu" event in blueprint doesn't connect when pressed on phone

I’m trying to disable “Android Menu”, and “Android Back” ----- to clarify, Android Back event in blueprints DOES connect, however the Android Menu event does not. My app gets wonky when you tab out using the recent apps button, “Android Menu”.

If not in the blueprints, how would I do this with C++ or something else. This is crucial to the functionality of my app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

their is option in project settings for fullscreen that will help you to temporary disable bottom bar
if you want to permanently not show bottom bar
then follow this

1. Add this
    window.decorView.systemUiVisibility = View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION
    to “C:\ue426\Engine\Build\Android\Java\src\com\epicgames\ue4\GameActivity.java.template” just below OnCreate()
1 Like

Thank you for your response!

Will this disable the home key as well? I just want to disable the back button and the menu key.

I really appreciate your post! It is very vital to the app. But would want the user to go home when they need to exit the app. I need to disable the menu button because when you press it, it leaves the app and ruins the Augmented Reality part of it.

Also sorry, where in UE would I put that code piece on your post. I haven’t touched the C++ and only been using blueprints. I’m sure I could figure it out if I new where to look.