Android Manifest error: Error getting 'android:icon'

I am working on an unreal AR application. I am new to Unreal Engine. Currently, I am facing the following error which I think is related to android packaging. Error comes almost at the end of compilation as:

LogPlayLevel: Using this aapt: C:/Users/DELL/AppData/Local/Android/Sdk\build-tools\30.0.3\aapt.exe

LogPlayLevel: ResourceType W 07-06 07:16:20 2364 17092 No known package when getting value for resource number 0x7f06001a
LogPlayLevel: Error: AndroidManifest.xml:34: error: ERROR getting ‘android:icon’ attribute: attribute value reference does not exist

LogPlayLevel: GetPackageInfo ReturnValue: com.YourCompany.PlaneTracking

LogPlayLevel: Running: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe - shell “echo $EXTERNAL_STORAGE”

LogPlayLevel: Took 0.1196841s to run adb.exe, ExitCode=0

Could anyone suggest a solution? I would be really thankful to you.

1 Like

I’m getting the same error, anyone found any solutions?

Not sure if youre still working on this 11 months later but I recently had the same problem, and after a few hours I recompiled and saved all of my widget blueprints and that fixed the problem for me.
I hope this helps!

1 Like

The following steps should solve AndroidManifest. xml merge problems. Remove the AAR file from Assets > Plugins > Android > libs in your unity project. Copy the AAR file from removed-uses-sdk-aar to Assets > Plugins > Android > libs in your unity project.

Regards,

bro you said something for unity
engine and not for unreal engine…

Delete the Android folder in Intermediate