Android Launch ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported

Hi guys, I’ve just created an empty project in UE 4.13 on Windows, graphics set to mobile (mobile, scalable, no starter content), I’ve clicked the Configure button for Android, set up the Android SDK paths, I’ve created an empty map and then I tried to Launch the game on my OnePlus One (where I have launched UE projects successfully before).

But now I get this error, which fails the launch. Any idea what to do? Thank you for any help.

LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: C:\Users\Veru\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe -s 192.168.1.100:5555 shell "echo $EXTERNAL_STORAGE"
LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 0.5791958s to run adb.exe, ExitCode=0
LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: C:\Users\Veru\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe -s 192.168.1.100:5555  pull /sdcard/UE4Game/PetParrot/Manifest_UFSFiles_Android.txt "C:\Users\Veru\Documents\Unreal Projects\PetParrot\Saved\StagedBuilds\Android_ATC\Manifest_UFSFiles_Android.txt_192.168.1.100_5555"
LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 0.1366602s to run adb.exe, ExitCode=1
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
LogPlayLevel:    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
LogPlayLevel:    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
LogPlayLevel:    at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
LogPlayLevel:    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
LogPlayLevel:    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
LogPlayLevel:    at System.IO.File.CreateText(String path)
LogPlayLevel:    at Project.WriteObsoleteManifest(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC, Dictionary`2 DeployedFiles, Dictionary`2 StagedFiles, String ObsoleteManifest)
LogPlayLevel:    at Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory(ProjectParams Params)
LogPlayLevel:    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute()
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] Arguments)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2 Main, Object Param)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 3.003998
LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults:Error: Error Launch failed! Unknown Error

Could you please show me your full error output logs as yours seem to be cut off.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for caring. :slight_smile: Here’s the rest: http://mk.e0.cz/s/log.txt

Try correcting the issue from this [AnswerHub][1] and let me know how it goes. Upload any new error logs.

Thanks!

Upgraded to Engine Version 4.4.2, 64 Bit Tools are not installed - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hey ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you!

I am also getting this error when trying to launch on my device. It may have to do with the automation tool failing to build properly. After I try launching to my device (and failing with the same error), I noticed that if I tried to recompile my project in Visual Studio, my project would fail to build due to the automation tool and something to do with OneSkyLocalization. Only after multiple attempts would it succeed. I believe this issue is documented here: 4.13 source build warning - MSB3245; errors - CS0234, CS0006; Missing DLLs for OneSkyLocalization - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums

I’ve also attached my log file. Hopefully this can be fixed soon!

Please check to see if [this AnswerHub post][1] resolves your issue. If not, please post your own AnswerHub question in a fresh post.

Thanks!

"Refresh Visual Studio Project" fails with "The given path's format is not supported" - Pipeline & Plugins - Epic Developer Community Forums