Android In-app purchases Fix

Hello, to everyone who is experiencing problems with the purchasing system in Unreal Engine 4/5!
The way I found to SOLVE this was to upload a new keystore to the Google Play Console and a bunch of other things, to create a new keystore (Follow the tutorial in the link below, don’t forget to like)
IMPORTANT: After the tutorial, if necessary, delete the new version of Java installed in the environment variables and go back to the previous version to avoid JDK errors when compiling your game.

Procedures in Unreal Engine/Google Play Console

To add a new keystore to your game on the Google Play Console go to > Versions > Configuration > App Signing > Upgrade your app’s signing key - Select the java keystore key option and a reason, watch the video to understand better = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCczRHsdNOY

install Google Play Service related plugins!

In EU, on-premises > Project Settings > Platforms > Android

• The key license must be entered, you will find it under > Google Play Console > Monetization > Monetization setup > License

• Enter the game ID that is shown in the Google Play Console, go to > Growth > Google Play Game Related Services > Setup and Management > Setup > Project ID (12 numbers)!

• Enable Google Play Support (Enabled)

• Add 2 Extra Tags to node:

com.google.android.gms.games.APP_ID=“@string/app_id”
com.google.android.gms.appstate.APP_ID=“@string/app_id”

• Add 5 tags in Extra Permissions:

android.permission.INTERNET
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE
com.android.vending.BILLING
android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS
android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS

(I didn’t really understand this part but I did it this way and it worked).

The blueprint (Shopping Menu Widget) in the image shown was the only one that worked for me, I tried 4 ways, I will publish a related video as soon as possible, I ask you to open my profile if you want to see the video as I am publishing this solution in all topics related to this problem because I know it is very stressful.
After node Make an in-app purchase, the item you sold must be inserted in on success, try to adapt this logic according to your project.

If you need help, contact me.
Luis Ramos

Hello,
Thanks for sharing your solution. What issues were you having before? Was it a crash or the purchases not going through?
Regardless, a video will be much appreciated!

Also can you explain this part a bit more?

Hello friend, sorry for the delay, I do intend to record a video but I’m very busy at the moment.
Regarding the problem, I recommend following all the steps provided in my post and if you have any other questions or problems, send me a message.
Regarding your question, I was having problems where the purchase screen didn’t even appear, so I looked a lot and found it. I already took advantage and made a post because I know it’s stressful to have a problem and not easily find a solution to it!

Hug! Sucess!
Luis Ramos
From Aurum Pixel

I get this error

Make an In-App Purchase v2 : Usage of ‘Make an In-App Purchase v2’ has been deprecated. Please use ‘Start an In-App Purchase’ and remember to pass the output receipts to ‘Finalize In-App Purchase Transaction’ after being validated and processed

1 Like