I had an issue this weekend where my game was crashing on startup on Android on all devices. I went through my content bit by bit trying to find out what the problem was. I even moved it across to a brand new package. The Android monitor provided different errors (all nullptrs) depending on what packaging/apk settings I used.
(AnswerHub Bug Report: Android - Crash on Start - UE4 AnswerHub)
I finally tracked the issue down to the ManifestRequirementsOverride.txt file I had created previously.
This was working ok, but I believe the issue started around the time I tried to add BILLING permissions through the project settings inside UE4 for AdMob to work. Even though I later deleted this when trying to track down what the issue was, the crash continued to occur, so I can’t say for definite if this was the issue.
To fix this crash, I just deleted the ManifestRequirementsOverride.txt file. I’ve since created a new one and things are working ok, so perhaps there was some mistake in the original one, or some conflict arose when I tried adding more permissions inside UE4.
Hopefully this might help people in the future if they run into the same issue.