Android - Crash on Start (Fixed)

Hey,

I had an issue this weekend where my game was crashing on startup on Android on all devices. I went through my content bit by bit trying to find out what the problem was. I even moved it across to a brand new package. The Android monitor provided different errors (all nullptrs) depending on what packaging/apk settings I used.

(AnswerHub Bug Report: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/597261/android-crash-on-start.html)

I finally tracked the issue down to the ManifestRequirementsOverride.txt file I had created previously.

This was working ok, but I believe the issue started around the time I tried to add BILLING permissions through the project settings inside UE4 for AdMob to work. Even though I later deleted this when trying to track down what the issue was, the crash continued to occur, so I can’t say for definite if this was the issue.

To fix this crash, I just deleted the ManifestRequirementsOverride.txt file. I’ve since created a new one and things are working ok, so perhaps there was some mistake in the original one, or some conflict arose when I tried adding more permissions inside UE4.

Hopefully this might help people in the future if they run into the same issue.

Cheers,
Chris

hi Chris can you tell me how can i find manifest requirements override and how can i create new one?