Android Build Error 4.10

Hello,
I am trying to build a project for android. I have managed to get a small blank level to build, but I cannot get a larger level to build correctly.

I have no idea how to read logs, but I think it could be down to project size? Maybe?

Please, any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks :slight_smile:

[BuildLog][1]

93087-androidbuilderrorlog.log (4.17 MB)

Hey Jack,

After looking over your logs, I believe you might need to at least delete your Intermediate, Config and Saved folders from your project. If you’ve modified your configuration any, leave your Config files behind. Once you’ve done that, it should clear most of the warnings out of your logs.

The main reason that you’re not able to continue packaging is because your compressed or uncompressed size of the package is exceeding the maximum value allowed.

[2016.06.02-20.49.25:657][894]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED

[2016.06.02-20.49.25:657][894]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:

[2016.06.02-20.49.25:987][894]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in Ionic..Reduced: Compressed or Uncompressed size, or offset exceeds the maximum value. Consider setting the UseZip64WhenSaving property on the ZipFile instance.

Let me know what happens when you use zip64.

Thanks!

Hi ,

Removing the intermediate, config and saved helped a lot! I eventually figured out that size was the issue though tests and we decided that mobile we would move on from mobile for now.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

You’re very welcome. Please let us know if you have any additional complications. :slight_smile:

Hi ,

May I ask how to use zip64 for the project please?

Thanks!

Noah,

As long as your WinZip is recent, it should in 64bit.

files are limited to 4GB. An OBB file is an uncompressed file containing the movie files and the PAK file (which may or may not be compressed depending on the options you selected). If you aren’t compressing the PAK file, turn this on; it may get you within the limits. restricts a single OBB to 2GB: [https://developer.android.com//play/expansion-files.html#Rules][1]

https://developer.android.com//play/expansion-files.html#Rules

I’m having the exact same problem and don’t want to move away from mobile.

How do I ensure that zip64 is being used? Deleted my intermediate, saved and log files, the game itself should package to around 1.5 gb. Is there a limit on how big Android games can be?

Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: Ionic…ZipException: Compressed or Uncompressed size, or offset exceeds the maximum value. Consider setting the UseZip64WhenSaving property on the ZipFile instance.

[link text][1]

131657-uat_log.txt (1020 KB)

Hello ,

The setting you looking for should be “Create compressed cooked packages” in Project Settings under Packaging. It’s in the expanded options. Other than that, as mentioned, ensure that your WinZip is up to date and it should be taken care of.