Analysis and recreation of Hollow Knight's character controller in Blueprints!

Hi everyone,
This is my first post here, I usually post on Reddit or on UE4’s Dev group on Facebook but I thought some of you might not be on those platforms so here we go: we just started a new series on our young channel where we analyze and recreate game mechanics in UE4. For this series, we dive deep into one of our favorite 2D game, Hollow Knight!

Here’s the link to the video: Game Dev Pantry | Hollow Knight - Character Part 1: Basic Movement | Retro-engineering - YouTube
We also provide you with the full project for free in the description of the video or right here: GitHub - LucidTales/GDPHollowKnight

We really want to use this opportunity to share with the community and to exchange and learn throughout this process, as we are a burgeoning studio of game dev students recently graduated from university here in Montreal and we aim to release our first game in UE4.

And any case, feel free to comment and criticize as well as suggest new topics you’d like us to cover and the future! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like