"An Unreal process has crashed UE4-EpicGames Launcher" Mac OS X 10.13

happens every time,ehy can’t they just fix it

I’m also still having this issue. The fact that some of these comments are years old is not encouraging. I’m literally considering buying a PC specifically to avoid having to download Epic Games ever again. Thanks, I hate it.

I closed the service “UE4 Editor Service” in the activity monitor and it started working again. Surprising!!

I had the same problem but i found a SOLUTION. This error happens because you are trying to install epics games for the second time. In mac OS when you uninstall a application some of its files are not being deleted and are left in your macbook. To solve this problem follow the steps below,
1- uninstall epic games if already installed(this will be disappointing if you are a fortnite player but no other way you have to reinstall the game to solve this error)
2 -go to finder
3-search for “epic games” in the search at the top right corner.
4- you will see a little + symbol right below the search bar. Click it
5- once you click you will see a drop down bar saying”name”. Click on it and choose other option.
6-now search for system files and tick :heavy_check_mark: the check box.
7- after selecting system files right next to it you will see are not included, change that to included.
8- now select everything and delete it and empty the trash bin.
If you are a unreal engine user , after completing “epic games” search, than search for “unreal engine” and do the same thing…
NOTE: This is not the fault of epic games for this error its because we are not uninstalling applications properly and this SOLUTION can be used for any application that causes problem when reinstalling it… Hope this helped , if you have any further questions , you are welcome to ask…

1 Like

This worked for me. WOW!
Thank you!

I figured out a solution that worked for me:

1. System Preferences
  2. Battery
  3. Click Battery on the left-side panel
  4. Uncheck “Automatic Graphics Switching”

Upon starting the epic games launcher again, it worked for me and didn’t crash anymore. Hope this helps.

1 Like

This totally worked, such a stupid glitch. I’m on Big Sur as well with an Intel Chip and Radeon 560x. Super stupid. Thanks for the fix.

Same problem

it worked! thank you

20 minutes of googling and this should’ve been the top result. it works!

it works! thank you.

I combined both yours and @ solutions and it TOTALLY WORKS!

hope someone pushes your answers up so everyone can see it.

it worked! thanks!

it works.

1 Like

Hey, I followed the steps and it is still not working for me // I need help… First time downloading this.

This issue seems to be prevalent even in 2024. Your tips help a lot, thanks! For me, I just had to disable and enable automatic graphic switching a couple of times. Then it worked.