AMPED Architectural Visualization

Animated Walkthrough here:

In June of 2021, a month after UE5 Early Access was available, I was contacted by a local Architecture group, Three DOT Design, a client I have worked with for years, to create some initial concepts and visuals for one of their clients. AMPED. AMPED is an organization doing a lot of work for youth in downtown Louisville, KY.

This project involved taking a very old existing building and renovating several sections of it. This area in particular was going to be the Event Hall. Since the age of the building was very old, there was not much in terms of plans, but I did receive a block out of the building from the Architect, along with plenty of photos of the interior, plus descriptions of what they were looking for. I used Blender for most of the modeling, making sure that everything was made at a 1:1 scale, based on real world sizes.

I chose to use Unreal 5 for this project due to the time constraints. Granted UE5 was in early access but after playing with it for a month prior, I felt confident it could deliver the necessary visuals under the tight deadline. Overall the project was a success and solidified my decision to use UE5 for all future arch viz projects.

1 Like