Ammo quesiton

Hi guys,

i’m trying to add inside a large storage box some rifle amo, in my primal inventory i’ve selected the primal item ammo rifle that i’ve copied before on my mod folder. I’m trying to increase the amout of bullet by stack but when i tried to use it, it show up but can’t be use by the rifle. Otherwise when i choose the default primal item ammo rifle it works

Where i can find the way to fix it please ?

which assault rifle file i need to copy in my mod folder to do that please ?

I wouldn’t go all out for a TC mod for simple ammo change, having said that: if you’re using the Assault Rifle (which is PrimalItem_WeaponRifle) You’ll need to edit the Weapon Class attached to it (WeapRifle).

IF you are simply trying to put some normal ammo for the original gun into the Inventory of the Box you made (like an ammo box) - I would NOT copy the ammo over and create an all new one, with the weapon, etc. etc.

Simply point the Inventory to the Core PrimalItemAmmo_AdvancedRifleBullet a bunch of times (Once for each Bullet you want in there.)
The core file is at PrimalEarth/Weapons/PrimalItemAmmo_AdvancedRifleBullet

This is what it sound like you’re actually doing. So I’d just do that step above.

If you’re creating a new craft-able bullet amount, You’ll need the following items to craft a custom gun to use your custom ammo:

The Engrams (for both your new bullet and the weapon that can fire it.) For the Assualt Gun - it’s EngramEntry_AdvancedRifleBullet and EngramEntry_MachinedRifle
The PrimalItemBPs. Which are: PrimalItemAmmo_AdvancedRifleBullet (Here’s where you change how many are crafted per try) and PrimalItem_WeaponRifle (This is to point to your WeaponClass (WeapRifle)
The WeaponClass, WeapRifle. In here you can change the default Weapon Ammo Template to point to any ammo type you wish, in this case your new PrimalItemAmmo_AdvancedRifleBullet.

I’d rename a few things to keep things clear and precise.

doesn’t work for me … do i really need to add the engrams ? i just want to do storage box with some ammo inside, no need to have it available on engrams (don’t want players can craft it)

Does your mod use a custom gun ammo?

If not - stop trying to use a custom ammo, unless you’re going to give them a weapon that can use that ammo.

From what I see in the pics, you just want a box with some Advanced Rifle Ammo in it right?

You only need the following:

The PrimalItemBP for the Box.
An InventoryBP for the Box.
The Actual Item BP.

Attach that Inventory to the Actual Item BP. Now Put however many rounds you want of the PrimalItemAmmo_AdvancedRifleBullet into that Inventory.

Those PrimalItemAmmo_AdvancedRifleBullet rounds can be used in any item that uses them, including the legacy Assault Rifle.

You don’t need to have a new gun in your mod for it to work, unless you’re crafting a new gun and ammo.

i already try that, i can change de rounds but the rifle doesn’t recognize the ammo, it can’t be attache to it