Alternatives to importing rigged mesh from Blender?

330335-blender-test.gif

I modelled and rigged this in Blender (GIF above), but I can’t get it to work in Unreal.

Is there another way to achieve the same result in Unreal without using bones altogether?

I tried with Blueprints, and could get the louvers to rotate correctly when the lever was clicked in play mode, but couldn’t figure out how to attach everything to the mechanism and make it behave as it should, because some parts would require multiple pivot points. I also tried using Physics Constraint Actors, and it kinda worked, but the joints were very wobbly, for some reason, even after calibranting masses. I just need some advice on the general direction on how it should be done (bones, blueprints or whatever), but I can also send the .blend file, if anyone wants to use it.

I can export the static mesh just fine, by using the “Send to Unreal” addon, or just manually export/import. I also tried, with no success, importing the baked animation by following the steps in these methods:

Solved!

This guy helped A LOT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4083&v=UCESgYBphLY&feature=youtu.be

Followed his workflow and everything turned out great. Also got a bonus Pokemon joke.