Alternatives for Tessellation in UE5 on low-poly skeletal objects / Alembic files

Hi!
I notice some months ago that Tessellation was deprecated on UE5, and it was very useful before to us on smoothing low poly meshes, being skeletal or alembic.

In terms of cloths (Marvelous sim → Alembic) We moved to high poly meshes and use of normals, AO and every map possible to get the higher results without blow up or machines but the giant footprint of allembic with more a 1000 frames of animation forced us to tear the files apart a lot of times and taking too much time to mout everything at sequencer and etc etc, in resume, Not efficent at all.

So the question is if there is a alternative that we could use with *.abc files, mainly in smooth low poly model edges (as we used to use Tessellation PN Triangles method) on UE5. The smooth groups do a good job inside the mesh, but the edges are a real problem.

(I’m aware about the brand new uDraper and etc, but they don’t attend our requirements since we need to simulate self-collisions, collsions between garments, and with other objects)

Thanks in advance!

Hey @rbaralti!

I found a previous post that could help with your issue you are facing:

Alternatives to Tessellation in UE5?

Hopefully the above solution works for you.

Thank you Quetzalcodename!
Unfortunately it doesn’t help since that topic was for a specific effect

The ideia is smooth edges of a low poly cloth, something that Tessellation used to do very nicely!