Alt Tabbing

I am having an issue when I alt tab the game I am working on and it taking control from the player but not giving it back when you alt tab back to it. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great.

If you are in the engine try clicking in the viewer that you actually see the game from. If you are in a game for instance Unreal Tournament, then it might be to do something with the game, or the game itself has crashed.

Reply if this did not work and I will see if i can help.

it isn’t that it is crashing what is happening is this. The user will alt tab out of the game but when they alt tab back to it they have to click on the game to regain control and play. It happens in the editor as well and I don’t know how to fix it.

A new issue has arisen with the Alt tab. In 4.7.5 when I alt tab back to the game I have no control functions from the keyboard what so ever. This is really an annoying bug that I wish I knew how to fix.

We and our QA testers are having this same issue. Did you ever find a fix for this?

Like DragonMaster said, its not a crash. We just need to click into the game after Alt-Tabbing back to it to get any key input (mouse, keyboard, gamepad, etc).