Alt+Drag-Drop crashing the Editor?

When I try to alt+drag-drop a box in the editor, the entire program just closes.

Even when it’s an empty scene apart from the box I’m dragging. The initial box is fine, just when I try to duplicate it.

This happens for any project file I open/edit, not just one specific one. My computers hardly using resources, and it’s not getting hot, so I can’t see how it’s my PC not handling the software. I’ve tried reinstalling onto different SSD’s and HDD’s, the only thing I can think it to be is that some driver/hardware somewhere is conflicting with the engine/editor?

Anyone had this/a similar issue? Anyone know how to fix it?

Cheers in advance,
Yarrhful.

Hey Yarrhful,

Is the Crash Reporter popping up after the engine crashes? If so, have you sent in a crash report?

Yes, it does; and yes I have. It was just a string of characters that meant nothing to me though.

Okay! Let’s figure out this bug, then.

First, can you give me your dmp and log files? This thread shows how to get them.

What kind of ‘box’ are you moving? A BSP ‘brush’? A volume? A cube-shaped static mesh?

Right, new problem. I had to reinstall windows for other reasons, and when I reinstalled the editor it fixed the previous issue. Now, when I ctrl-z, it crashes… which is irritating because I mess up alot.

!Id:fde661747ac357ff661fb83bc655f932

This is the string on characters I got on the last error.

Cheers, Yarrhful.

I’m also using the BSP brush I think. (the box you drag into scene from the top left.)

Generally, it’s best to make a new Question for new issues, but I can help you here anyway.

BSPs can be pretty buggy, especially when you have a lot of them.

It would really help me solve your crash if you had a list of steps to take to reproduce the problem. Is this correct?

1. Drag a BSP box into the level.
  2. Undo.
  3. The engine crashes.

And it happens 100% of the time?

Hi Yarrhful,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.