Alot of maps are getting saved as new ones?

Hey guys. I have a, for me weird, problem.
Every time i want to save everything at once( ctrl shift s) sometimes unreal wants to save a bunch of new maps, and i dont know what the hell this is. Never had this problem in UE4 . I have to save up to 4 different maps. Can i turn this off or is this some somehow important?

1 Like

Hey man, I have experience the same thing on multiple computers. So this isn’t something that is just affecting you. If I restart the editor and do not save the maps, it works as normally again.

It would be great if someone can explain why that is.

Just noticed it happens if you change anything inside a blueprint / texture or so, so it might save a copy you can recover in case something goes wrong. Really weird :stuck_out_tongue:

I also would really love an explanation, whether its a bug or something I don’t understand. This is creating problems for me…especially now that I’m using source control with a team.

EDIT: Opening up all the different levels I see that they are at different points of my edits, so if it IS for backing up changes, is there a way to turn it on and off? Thanks!