ALLPACS Drone/Quadcopter & Helicopter Kit Flying Pack makes it easy and fun for players to fly a quadcopter. Simply drag a drone into any level and it’s ready to go. Both the controls and mesh designs are based on the most popular consumer models available in stores today.
UPDATE #2 NOW AVAILABLE (includes a time attack mini-game, 4.18 compatibility, a default pawn option, and improved controls)
Watch the TIME ATTACK DEMO
ALLPACS is a two person team. We’ve been working on our first pack over the past few months and have just submitted it to the marketplace. We have a growing list of features that we’d like to add to the pack (see our roadmap below), but we’d like to hear from the community first so that we are making stuff people actually want. We’re open to ideas and are eager to hear your feedback.
- Three custom drone materials, including one material that can be customized by the player to suit their color, roughness, dirt, and metalness preferences.
- Arcade-style controls based on the Unreal Engine character movement component in order to optimize for multiplayer compatibility.
- Gamepad support designed for a fun and exciting player experience that mimics the latest consumer drone controls.
- Single drone blueprint with a clean node structure, detailed comments, and tooltips for every variable.
- Editable settings for max speed, acceleration, deceleration, max roll, max pitch, camera lag, camera distances, and sound effects.
- A propeller bone system that allows bones to be placed anywhere while permitting sharing of a single animation.
- An intuitive pick-up system that allow players to pick-up, carry, and drop-off specified items (sample pick-up objects included).
- Drone Kit Flying Pack is VR ready, intended as a seated VR experience where the player control the drone using a gamepad controller while using the headset to view the environment around them.
- Combat system (guns, capture net)
- Phone or controller screen showing drone footage in first-person mode, with rigged arms
- Improved multiplayer networking for pickup objects (works as-is but with some bugs, not currently tested/supported)
- Drone autoroute (i.e. return to home location via path, rather than teleport)
- AI system (patrol path, target detection, combat, etc)
- Time attack mini-game
- Additional drone styles (commercial, military, etc)
- Parcel request/delivery system
- Mesh customization via morph targets