Allow player input for motion controller when window not active

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out what is needed to keep motion controller trigger and button input active when the game window is not active. The movement of the HMD and motioncontrollers do stay active, so why not the input, right? I know it is not working by default for a reason, but for a business VR experience I would like to be able to get it working.

What I found so far is that in the APlayerController class there’s a virtual function FlushPressedKeys() which calls the same function in the UPlayerInput class. I override this function in my own PlayerController class, but that doesn’t seem to do the trick.

I’m hoping someone can shed a light on this and point me in the right direction to get this working.

Thanks in advance.

Small update @mordentral pointed me to FApp::SetUseVRFocus() which is used by the Oculus plugin, disallowing input to be sent when VR has no focus. So I’ll be looking for a way around that is guess?

Another update: Did a test by setting FApp::SetUseVRFocus(false) on Tick, just to see if it would allow the inputs but no success.