All Unreal Engine' game crash at startup : Fatal Error

Hello,

Since 3 days, I’m searching to resolve crash issues on all UE4 games, for exemple Mordhau or Valorant. When I launch a game it instantly shutdown and I get the “Fatal Error” message.

Here some usefull informations :

• I didn’t had this issue before, and I don’t know what is the cause of the problem because I recently updated Windows and installed a RTX 3090 OC from Asus Rog (I had 2080ti before). I also have i7 9700k and 16 GB DDR4 mem. I would be happy if I could avoid factory reset (And I saw it didn’t worked for some persons)

• I have a BeQuiet PSU / 750w gold. I don’t think it’s the cause of the problem because I performed a stress test with aida64 (all component checked + GPU Overclocked) and it only took around 600w.

• I tried to downclock my GPU with GPU Tweak 3 but it didn’t worked

• I have Windows Familly 10 version 21H1 build 19043.1151Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

• I tried to deleted UE4 config files in %AppData%, didn’t worked as well

• I have disable all security (Windows Defender)

• I have reseted BIOS configuration to be sure there is no overclocking (Asus Rog Strix Z390 E).

• I tried to read crash report with winDBG (UE4 minidump) but can’t read the file as regular text.

I only see on internet fix for specific games but no fix for every UE4 games, plus thoose fix are not always reliable.

The weird thing is when I start my computer in the morning and all games works fine (as if UE know that my PC is cold). I tried to reboot my computer to test and bim, It doesn’t work anymore even If I reboot or try steps I mentioned upper.

Do anyone have an idea ?

Thanks

Anyway I found the solution.

Regarding Mordhau’s log I saw that there was a confict with audio peripheral. I have disabled Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer and it worked. Just to test I have reactivated it and games crashed again.

FIXED
I have solved the problem games crashing with UE4 fatal error and other sudden game crashes by setting the GPU at ECO MODE and setting the fans at 100% SPEED… that actually fixed the problems I had for a very long time with many games. I have a GTX 1080 I have downloaded an older app called Extreme Gaming Engine from Gigabyte because is the only one that lets me change those settings, check if you are overclocking your GPU, lowering GPU clock has done the trick for me.

Now I can finally play games without issues. It fixed:
-Metro Exodus UE4 fatal error

• Age of Empires 4 shutting down
    -Green Hell crash errors on cinematics
    -Grounded
    -EA WRC UE4 fatal
    -F1 23 UE4 fatal
    -Insurgency Sandstorm UE4 fatal
    many more.

Hope it helps.
Happy gaming