Every time I have used 4.26, this happens… This issue does not happen in any other versions:
I am able to open up the engine for both a new project and an existing project and work normally for an hour or so. Around an hour, whenever I right click on anything at all, the menu flickers open, and then immediately closes.
The only way I have been able to continue working is to save all my work, close the engine, and then re-open it.
*Note: Even though this is happening to the menus, for some reason, I am still able to hold the right click down in the viewport to rotate and dolly the camera with no problem.
I have tried these solutions for the following issue with no success so far.
• Researching this issue on google and on these Unreal Engine Forums.
• un-installing and re-installing the engine.
• Restarting my computer multiple times.
• unplugging and re-plugging my mouse (the right click worked on regular windows and all other apps correctly, confirming it is a problem with the engine and not my input hardware)
• Trying a different mouse
• Updated all of the drivers for all of my hardware.
This is hardware I am using:
OS: Windows 10
CPU: i9-9820X @ 3.30GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Thank you for taking the time to read up on my issue, I hope somebody has a solution to this!
Edit: I found this thread and believe this is the problem… Just for if anybody else has this problem in the future.