All of the marketplace became FREE for a few minutes on 2015-04-15

Hello.

I’d like to report a bug that appeared during the update. Everything in the marketplace became free. I thought a lot of new content had been uploaded so I started clicking/“buying” like crazy until I got an error requesting that I should submit my credit card details. After several of these errors it became 100% clear to me what was going on. For a few minutes the whole marketplace was free.

1. I didn’t download/use any of them, so don’t bother to ask.
  2. This bug was temporary. It only appeared during the update.
  3. When I say “the marketplace” I’m not talking about the web, I’m talking about the Launcher GUI version.
  4. The only proof I have of this bug is my payment history, so for obvious reasons I have no way to prove to anybody other than the UE staff that this actually happened. Sorry.

Hi Mazenmardini,

I looked into it and it seems to be fixed now. It was just a glitch during the update that went out, but I am not seeing any changes to your account’s purchases. Just to be certain I understand, did any of the packs stick to your account?

By the way, you are in no trouble at all and we are very grateful that you came to tell us about this.

Thanks!

Thanks! If you check my payment history you’ll probably notice 9 items that where “bought” today. They cost 0$ each :slight_smile:

And no problems. Btw, I have indeed the option to download these assets from the Launcher, which probably means I actually have them.

It’s not resolved. When I click Buy I instantly get a Download button.

Can you tell me what assets specifically you have added due to this bug? If you close and reopen the launcher, does it persist?

Yes, it persists.

The items are:

C-Media Advanced Materials Ed. 1

BitGem3D Stylized Materials

Medieval 2D Art Bundle

40 Animated Sprites

675 Handpainted Sprites Pack

2D Art Pack

InFlux Example

Zombie Melee Weapons

Luos’s Modular Rocks & Caves

You said you have the option to download them? Does that work if you try it?

I clicked the button and it started downloading.

Thank you very much for that information, it is helping us determine the origin of the issue. The last thing I need to know for now is whether or not you are able to get more asset packs at this time. You said it was still a problem one hour ago, but we’d like to see if it has changed since then.

Again, thank you so much!

No problems. I can’t add a new asset, the Launcher will display a popup saying a need to add a payment method.

Thank you! A marketplace representative will get back to you shortly on the status of the “purchased” assets. Thank you again for your help during this investigation!

Alright, no problems.