All Mixamo Tools and Assets free for use for a limited time!

Question for ya @Darkholder - have you been able to get a version of the Fuse characters with eye bones into UE4 without skinning issues? I tried using the regular skeleton download to get the separated eyes, but it ends up adding an extra head bone of some sort which doesn’t have correct skin weights, and thus has unweighted vertices at the top popping out. Any ideas?

I haven’t tried. I wish I could help. I’ll see if I can take a look and give it a shot this week, and let you know if I come up with any ideas.

Have they removed all but ten characters from the store?

@n00854180t and/or @Darkholder
how do you manage the fact that the skeleton from mixamo to unreal doesn’t have weight on some twist bones.?

References:
https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?81717-Re-tarjet-problem-and-please-advise&highlight=Re-tarjet+problem+please+advise

Are you doing the weighing yourself?
I am dilating doing this but I probably must start doing at some point.

thanks!

Edit: @n00854180t i saw that i have a response from you on the other thread, anyway, i leave the question here.

@Alexarg - One thing I found is that if I import the Mixamo character and allow it to create a new skeleton, later moving the regular UE4-mannequin anims over causes problems with those bones.

However, if you select the UE4 skeleton on import of the character, those anims that are messed up doing it the other way work fine.

ooh this is so good information! (and good news :smiley: ) thanks n00854180t!, I will try playing with what you said when I get back home!

this has been very helpful! Thanks for the share!

I had an issue using Fuse. Oddly enough everything looked great until I brought them into UE. Once inside they appeared fine, except that each of their right hands has spikes of color sticking out of it. If anyone can tell me why this is occurring and how to prevent it in the future it would be appreciated.

You need to look closely,

d824fadb11a16c7c3f0a93f0487917c106c03788.jpeg

It’s a weighting issue similar to the one I mentioned when exporting the non-UE4 ready skeleton from Mixamo. For me, as long as I select “Unreal Skeleton FBX” or whatever when queuing a download, I don’t get these weighting problems.

Thanks! I was hoping this was something fixable.

Awesome, really good stuff :slight_smile:

for me I just took and put them into 3ds then reexported the actual skeleton again… worked just fine for me that way.