All math operation nodes without 'exec' input and output.

I want several meshes spawned in a row. In old Kismet for example add float node had ‘in’ and ‘out’:

And such scheme works perfectly: (‘SUM’ node only illustration of how ‘vector + vector’ node should look)

‘Construction script’ spawns static mesh in 0,0,0 and exec signal passes through ‘Do N’ to adder, which adds constant 150,0,0 to current value (0,0,0). After that one more static mesh spawns in 150,0,0 and adder adds constant 150,0,0 to current value, which now equal to 150,0,0. Third mesh spawns to 300,0,0 and so on…

So, is Epic forget to make ‘exec’ input/output and it should be added in the future or there is another way to make increment every cycle? I spend a lot of time trying something else, but wasn’t successful.
And sorry for possible mistakes or missing sense, i don’t know english well. :slight_smile:

Use For Loop instead of Do N.

I mean vector increment every cycle. Adder node (left on the screenshot) should add only when ‘exec’ command comes, but in Blueprints there isn’t such input.
So, is there any way to increment vector? Thanks for reply. :slight_smile:

I was wondering about this earlier today too. I ended up making my own function in C++ for this. It took me only a couple of minutes. Sorry I can’t give you a better answer, but perhaps somebody else will be able to help.

This does take time to get used to coming from Kismet but you do not need the exec ones. Your above setup is not optimal either for that reason.

Make a vector variable. Default value 0 + (literally +, type + or add in rightclick menu) 150 = set vector variable. Transform position for the add mesh action then references the vector variable you made instead. Each time it loops it first comes by the Set vector variable, which takes the previous value + 150, and then goes to Add mesh next, which adds the mesh on the vector variables location. However since that location is now larger it adds the mesh elsewhere. Etc.

Sorry, I don’t fully understand. Could you make that scheme and capture it or at least write short instruction, but with exact node names, because it is hard for me to understand approximate terms and names. Thanks in advance!

Hourences suggestion involves creating a variable using the +V icon under MyBlueprint and updating incremently as you iterate through your loop shown (roughly) in top snippet.

An alternative is to use the vector math and the index of the for loop to shift your transform each iteration shown (again roughly) in the lower snippet.

Perfect, second variant is even more suitable for me than first. Thank you and everyone else helping me.