As the title says, lights placed in the level fade when looking away from them, both in the editor and when the game is running. I tried disabling auto exposure, setting the min/max EV to be the same to disable it, and that didn’t work. Disabling screen tracing for global illumination and reflections didn’t work. I increased the attenuation settings but that only increases the distance I can travel from the lights before looking away triggers the fading effect. I don’t want this fading effect in my game at all. It is extremely irritating but nothing disables it. How do I get rid of this?
Hello there @Impudent_Swine!
Considering the settings you have already tinkered with, I think the remaining element could be UE’s occlusion culling, affecting your lights. It’s on by default, and it controls how small a light’s projected screen presence can be, before the engine culls it. It can be found by going to Edit > Project Settings > Engine/Rendering > Culling:
Here, play around with the setting for “Min Screen Radius for Lights”. Since higher values result in lights getting culled sooner, you need to go lower that the default 0,03 (try 0,01, or even 0,005).
For further details on this, please check the related UE doc:
