All engines in launcher stuck on "please wait"

I’ve opened the epic launcher today and switching between any tabs is painfully slow, when I go in to Library every engine I have installed is on “please wait”, they have been like this after several reboots, restarts, re-installed launcher and still just sat there.

I also can’t add anything to ANY project and just keep getting the error, This has only started today and as far as I know nothings changed other than a possible launcher update, however I’ve installed the latest launcher anyway.

Any ideas?

Additionally, the new launcher doesn’t close, it dissapears when I close it but it’s still in task manager, when I try and re-open it it doesn’t open again till I end process in task manager. then I can re-open it

I’m having same issue. just started recently whe a bran spanking new pc windows 10 x64. wtf man ive been waiting over a half hour now I only have so much time in a day epic… anynj egot ideas?

ok I found a fix… first yes you can launch the editor directly but If you want to start a new project but dont have time to wait an unknown incriment of time… open your computers task manager find the epic web helpers… and shut them down. then the please wait finally goes away. your welcome

1 Like

downside to this… I downloaded new version of engine on the install process it gets stuck on last step “verifying”

permanent solution was found as well now. When crashing the file it was on was half imported and not done right. So you need to enter the project and and delete the file or use this method if your unsure which it is and overwrite the file with the proper fully downloaded version to make it work.

I still have the issue where starting up the epic games launcher sits on Please Wait for all engines for about 20 minutes.
Open up Task Manager and check the disk usage under performance. One of the drives is at 100%.
Go to the disk and look for the Unreal Vault Cache directory. It should be on the drive that is at 100%.
Kill the launcher in task manager.
Delete unnecessary files from the vault cache (probably the content not being actively used)
Restart the launcher, it should start up much quicker.

Epic should address the start up performance problems when running with a large vault cache, it seems to me that the launcher is looking through the folder which is why the disk is at 100%

After the 50 mins it took to delete what’s in my vault cache. I started the editor and there was no please wait on any of the engine tiles.

This topic has been moved from International to Getting Started & Setup.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.