All actors have an HLOD issue

Do you always have the grid showing now ?

I didn’t turn on grid visuals before I changed it to runtime hash, now I have no show grid options to turn them on.

alright I’ll get to it

no I dont have it

Oops, I just found the setting

oh great

I just did a build HLOD with the RuntimepartitionLHGrid class

try building HLODs with the RuntimepartitionLHGrid class, but maybe replace the HLOD layer with a new one in case its corrupted.

with a slightly different method…

make a new HLOD layer…delete NewHLODLayer3…replace references with new HLOD layer…DON’T save…Build Landscape…Double click on Level in Content Browser…then build HLODs

1 Like

Is your waterzone missing ?
check Outliner for waterzone

1 Like

I have a waterzone

ok, is your waterzone big enough, like zone extents 256000, 256000 or something

maybe delete the ocean and drop a new one in

I will do that

there no errors :crossed_fingers:
building HLODS now

1 Like

I have my fingers, arms, eyes, legs, toes and intestines crossed…

1 Like

it failed… but there was no errors in map check

but I think it thinks am not logged in??

1 Like

IT WORKED HLODS works Thank you so much you are a legend
but…
theres always another issue the water for some reason still doesn’t load properly in certain areas its works in other areas tho. do you know how to sort this?

sorry for the blurry image

Thats great news !!!

OK, yes lucky I’ve wrestled with the ocean before, she’s a wild beast the sea

Can you do a screenshot from up in the air looking down, with the ocean selected and the waterzone in view ?

1 Like

Yes I’ll show you the beast
Give me an hour or less

just turned on never distance cull

How’d the distance cull setting go ?

OK 256000 looks a little too big, unless you want to allow players to travel that far out.

I recon switch to
Waterzone, Zone Extents 160000
Then go to the Ocean and change Ocean Extents to 160000, and Collision Extents to 80000
This puts playable ocean edge at the waterzone,

The outer ocean is for distance visuals only, it sits below the inner ocean to account for wave motion, you can see the edge

To refine Zone Extents you can get the minimum distance needed by moving your viewport to the eye level of a player standing at the edge of maximum distance you want players to be able to go
Look at where the inner and outer ocean meet, if they blend together you can reduce the size, if you can see the edge, increase the zone size.
Ocean Extents same as Waterzone Extents and Collision Extents Half the size.

Also

Do you have more than 1 waterbrush ?

The ocean water may be clashing with river or lake, so using the ocean spline move the circle and change its shape so goes around the river and lake and follows the coast, where the river meets the sea.

I’ll get to it

like that? I did the settings

1 Like