Aligning Scans from 2 fixed rigs

Hello,

WE have two fixed camera Rigs – One for full body scan [70 x MP5] and the second for Head scan [16 X DSLR] … We need the output mesh from these two rigs to be aligned to each other… We also need the scale to be same in real world CM … Can you please advise the best workflow for this ??

Regards,

Bhuwan

Hi Bhuwan
And would it not be better to have a single rig ? You could spare yourself a lot of troubles if it was in a single rig.

If you want to do this, you need HARD targets on the scanned subject that can be used for ground control points ( GCPs ) and then get it together but it will not be so easy, but it is solvable…

Hello Milos,

Perhaps I did not explain this correctly in my post… We cannot combine the Rigs…We need the mesh output in centimeters and the same [even almost same will do] xyz orientation… With this input our subsequent pipeline is designed for managing all the integration… I am trying to find a way to avoid doing this manually

I have sent you detailed photos from the rigs via e mail… Could you please have a look and reply…

Regards,

Bhuwan
Bhuwank@rootech.co.in