Alas Astra - Sci-Fi Action Adventure Game Seeks Additional Talent!

Alas Astra is a Science Fiction Third Person Action Adventure game set in a distant galaxy. It is a singleplayer, story driven, game that includes unique gameplay elements.

Check out the Reveal Trailer here:

Visit Alas Astra on Steam:

Team Structure

Russell Morahan (DyotoOrion): Project Lead. 3D Artist. Level Designer. Game Designer.
I’m a freelance 3D Artist and have been working with Unreal for 5+ years. I have worked on multiple Indie titles and am now setting my sights on making my own original game. You can see my 3D Work here: ArtStation - Dyoto Orion

Kheng Hoek Teoh - Lead Programmer

**Alexander Obzherin **- Gameplay Programmer.

Alex Kalavitis - Source Control Manager

Dwayne Clarke - Sound Designer

Anthony La Selva – Character Concept Artist.

**Duncan Halleck **- Environment Concept Artist.

**Vittorio Quartini **- 3D Character Artist

Ponte Ryuurui - 3D Concept Artist

Ahmad Rebo - 3D Concept Artist

Zane Sexton - Voice Actor

**Zavon Bricest **- Intern - Junior Level designer.

**Sync24 **- Soundtrack

We’re very pleased to be working with the world reknowned Electronic Music Composer - Sync 24 - Check out his Track DOT that is featured in the Reveal Trailer. Sync24 - DOT - YouTube

Talent Required

Astra Blade development is well under way, and we’ve made lots of great progress with the game, including a playable demo! But there’s still more work to do, and job positions have once again opened up. We are now looking for a skilled and motivated Level Designer and 3D Environment Arrtist who would like to be part of the creation of an awesome and fun Sci Fi adventure game!

The current open positions are as follows:

**Level Designer **( Science Fiction Environment. )

• 1+ Years experience with Level Design in a relevant Game Engine - Unreal / Unity / Cry Engine.
  • Experience with Level Design in Unreal Engine - Viewport Controls.
  • Solid understanding of Modular Environment Design and application - Grid Snapping and FreeForm Modular Asset Placement.
  • Basic knowledge of a 3D Software in which to create White Box Assets - Blender / Maya / 3DSMax or equivalent.
  • Good working knowledge of Lighting - Static and Dynamic. Prefrably in Unreal Engine.
  • Good working knowledge of Post Processing - Color Grading, Bloom, and Fog Effects.
  • Working experience with Unreal Engine Landscaping.
  • A solid portfolio of excellent Level Design Work.
  • Strong passion for Science Fiction Environment design and creation.

3D Environment Artist ( Sci Fi and Hard Surface.)

• 1+ Years experience creating 3D Models for video games.
  • High level of expertise and experience with your chosen 3D Software - Blender / Maya / 3DSMax / Zbrush / Modo etc.
  • Able to create excellent quality High Poly 3D Models, and well optimised Low Poly 3D Models with good topology.
  • Experience with Map / Texture generation - Normal Map Baking.
  • Good level of expertise with a 3D Texturing Software such as: Substance Painter / Quixel Suite / Mari / 3D Coat
  • Good level of expertise with an 2D Image Editor: Photoshop, Gimp, or equivalent.
  • Unreal Engine experience is desirable, but not 100% essential.
  • A solid portfolio of excellent 3D Work.
    -Strong passion for Science Fiction Environment design and creation.

A significant level of Training may be offered (If needed) to the right applicant for either position who shows the right level of motivation and technical understanding to become a highly valued member of our team.

Our team welcomes speculative applications in the following roles:

**3D Artists ** ( General )
**Concept Artists **
Technical Animator
Visual Effects Artist
Gameplay Programmers

Contact

When applying please state the specific position you are applying for and include links to your Portfolio, Work Examples, and Resume.

The best way to get in touch is to reach out to me on Discord for a friendly / informal chat.

Discord: DyotoOrion#1090

Or email me at: [EMAIL=“interastral@gmail.com”]interastral@gmail.com

To arrange a time for a chat.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Peace.
Dyoto Orion. :slight_smile:

Primarily Seeking Character Artist [Hard Surface] Thanks! :slight_smile:

Still seeking extra talent to work with us on Astra Blade. :slight_smile: Happy Christmas everyone! :smiley:

Thanks TechLord, glad you like it mate! :smiley:

Happy 2020 everyone! :slight_smile:

Still seeking additional talent for the above stated positions. Please feel free to get in touch if you’d like to get involved. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Still seeking additional talent. Primarily seeking 3D Character and Environment Artists. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Hi mates! :slight_smile: Astra Blade is still very much in development. Talented Game Devs with a passion for Sci-Fi are still very welcome to get in touch, if you’d like to get involved. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Currently seeking an additional 3D Environment / Hard Surface Artist with a passion for Science Fiction environments. If that’s you, please get in touch. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Hmm…

Hey Djinghis! :slight_smile:

We are once again seeking additional talent to work with us on Astra Blade. Primarily seeking an additional Gameplay Programmer and 3D Environment Artist. If that’s you, please feel free to get in touch. Thanks! :slight_smile:

What a Bumpy afternoon. :smiley:

Do you need any testing?
I have over 3 years of QA experience with AAA companies.
Flexible with hours and payment.
If your interested contact me on here or [EMAIL=“lukedodds94@gmail.com”]lukedodds94@gmail.com

Thanks LDodds, but no thanks! Thank you though, and best of luck! :slight_smile:

Alas Astra has now been announced to the Public! :smiley:

We’re still seeking additional talent. Primarily 3D Environment Artists. But we are open to speculative applications for any position. Thanks! :wink:

Hello mates! :smiley: We’re currently seeking a Level Designer and 3D Environment Artist for Alas Astra. If you think your suitable for either of these roles. Please do get in touch! Cheers! :slight_smile:

Royalty / Revenue Share only. Thanks!

Still seeking an additional Levell Designer AND / OR 3D Environment Artist with a passion for Science Fiction Art and Design. Cheers! :slight_smile: