After a year and a half of continuous work (even days from 9 AM until 3 after midnight), we are finally glad to present you our project made in Unreal Engine 4. We have a long way to go, but for now, we would like to show you our work in progress:
Alan Sharp is a first person, story-driven adventure/horror game, focused on exploration,survival,puzzles and open-world investigation.
You play the game as Alan Sharp, one of the finest private detectives in the 1970s, now retired and emotionally shattered due to the murder of a loved one. A single call by an old friend takes Alan back on his track, leading you to a small town called Beggers Hole where a body of a boy was found butchered in a wardrobe. The parents are missing, their fate unknown, while strange rumors are spreading among the folk; ones talking about a madness that consumed the father, others foretelling unnatural events and supernatural occurrences in the Regans’ home.
Inspired by detective fiction of the 70’s, as well as horror and mystery genres, this game’s focus is on atmosphere, immersive storytelling, exploration and survival. Features
- Challenging Puzzles - Uncover the mystery case of a sinister evil by deciphering challenging puzzles that will test your logic, intelligence and detective skills, keeping you on the edge of your seat.
- Dialogue System - Finding clues in objects is not enough for your investigation? Engage in conversation with the town’s folk. Doubt everyone, trust no one! Even your own senses!
- **Inspect & Inventory - **Search for hidden clues in almost every object of the game. Be careful! The amount of usable objects you can possess is limited. Use your briefcase to storage items for later use.
- **Journal - **Memorize your progress by writing in your personal journal. It may be of great help during your search for the truth.
- **Jumpscares - **Are you ready to endure the temptation? Can you think clearly when death lurks behind every corner?
- **Explore - **Wander the streets of Beggers Hole, stroll in the green forest and feel the waves of the beach on the sea.
- **Survive - **Look for a place to hide when a horrible danger tracks your steps.
We will continue expanding our in-game screenshots, wallpapers in the next few months, continually adding a material as we work our way through our game. Very soon, devlogs will begin to be released each few days for those who wish to see “behind the scenes” and officially, our first Reveal Trailer of Alan Sharp. Be sure to follow us on:
Have a great day, a lot of inspiration and success to your own projects!