AimOffset - Rotate Root Bone = Head Roll?

Hi All,
Having this really, really weird issue with aim offset.

First of, it’s probably user error but I have made 10 different offsets and never ran into this (or noticed it before).

I have 15 custom frames for the offset, but adding more or taking them off does not change anything at all.

All other aim offsets work as far as I can tell - so it has to be an issue with the frames I would assume.

Here is a GIF of the issue

You can see the head is curving/tilting. It actually does this on it’s own, meaning if I shove all of the images for the Center inside the offset, the animation still moves the head rotation around.

Here are 2 more details of how it looks in game.

Here are the 2 highest weighted frames that the engine tells me it’s using:

This is a screenshot of the frames; all bulk edited to be the same/have same settings

(selected animation frame, 0) From which I authored the poses.

These are the settings of the aimspace, but it’s pretty standard (in fact it matches others)

As far as I can tell, the culprit is the Rotate Root bone animation node, meaning bypassing that shows the aim-offset to work as intended.
Because of that I did some testing of different options

The end result is that manipulating the root bone seems to change the pitch angle of then neck. or maybe it’s the roll angle. Anyway it’s left me puzzled, hence the question.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before or have a fix?

The obvious fix was to alter the order of opertions, setting the root bone rotation to occur After the aim offset.

The issue is verymuch still present and unexplained though. The aim offset doesnt alter anything below the pelvis within the hierarchy, yet the root rotation occuring before the aim offset results in “fuzzy” math results.