Aim Offset for Top Down game?

Yeah I see what you mean, it still looks really good though.

I think I’ll park it just now, revisit it once I have more crucial systems sorted. Thanks again for sharing, good luck with your project.

1 Like

Hi, did you happen to load the project files by chance? I’d love to take a look at this and see how it’d work in 5.2 and I’m using ALC for my locomotion. This is exactly what I was trying to achieve though so thank you guys for this entire thread!

1 Like

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but i recently saw it looking for a solution to my problem.
can you please throw me a light here?

thanks

you dont want to rotate the pitch of the character, you want to modify the bones in the animation blueprint.

save the target pitch variable, get it in the anim blueprint and use transform bone i think it is, or use an aim offset, or use a control rig

I Have an aim offset in my Animation Blueprint. If I plug the mouse control I am able to successfully control the character pitch. I just want it to do it automatically with the auto aim system.

is this possible? is there a way to translate the pitch into the controller without compromising Yaw and Roll?

im not sure exactly what you mean but dont use the controller, save a seperate variable called aimoffset, you can get this by getting the hit result of the cursor and use findlookatnode

Thank for the help. Im not using the cursor. This would be a Mobile game and I need the left hand for other functions.

Please, if you can see here I will appreciate it

and thank you for your time