AIController Not Possessing AI Characters

I’m having quite the issue with our AI in our project. Here’s the setup so far:

AIModule is included in project CS
Enemy (ACharacter) has a BehaviorTree variable assigned
AIController (AController) has both BehaviorTreeComponent & BlackboardComponent
AIController - OnPossess → Initializes blackboard & StartTree(CharRef->BehaviorTree)
Enemy AIController is assigned via “Spawned or Placed in World”

The blueprint child of the Character class sets the AIController class to use - and its appropriate BehaviorTree variable.

NOW:

When I playtest the project as DEDICATED SERVER + SingleProcess(True) - this works fine. . . AIController is assigned/possesses the pawn correctly and the behavior tree funcitonality works as designed.

HOWEVER:
When I playtest the project as Dedi + SingleProcess(False) (which is supposed to be as close to pure packaged game as PIE mode can get) - the controller is assigned but the pawn is never possessed (I can Shift+F1 and select the AIBot and see its assigned controller)…

I have troubleshot this left & right - and cannot come up with any working solution. What am I missing here?

FWIW - this is the same effect when i package the game… AI sits in place… all elements are in tact to make them act as it does in PIE (SingleProcess=True).

I dont understand what i’m doing wrong, what module i’m missing or what setting i’m not setting up right… it works in SingleProcess=True… what is the difference?

This turned out to be a replication/ownership issue. While the controller DID IN FACT possess the pawn (i was debug stringing falsely i guess) - i was also running my behavior tree & BBoard initialization after a cast to a widget - off begin play…

Servers - whom set up the BTree & BBoard, dont have access to widgets… i never had a fail branch off the cast, nor did i properly set up replication standards for this class…

Moving the ccode to setup the bboard & btree to a server native function (OnPossess) solved the issues i was having.