AI with Behavior Tree on Pawn

Hi, I’ve seen lots of tutorials that people are doing about AI with behavior trees and they are starting with a Character. Because he has already implemented Move To and Move Directly etc …
How about using that with a Pawn. The Move to and other " Tasks " already implemented will not work, correct ?
Should I create my own moving Task ?

Do any have any tutorials or resources for this thing ?

Thank you

You can attach a “FloatingPawnMovement” component to a pawn.
Which add very basic movemeent capabilities to it, one of them is allowing “MoveTo”.

Also, AIPerception only sees characters. I have not seen it work on non character classes.

@Kinos141 I’m pretty sure that’s wrong. I’ve played a fair amount with the AI code of the engine, and it can see any AActor.

However:

1. when using a blackbord and behavior tree you need to have a controller. You’ll probably want to use AI controller
  2. Any controller requires a pawn to control it.

To summarize then, the most basic class you need to use for AI is Pawn.

The AI Move To task it self also requires a controller, and will also use a path following component if it exist on it.

@matan19 When I was trying to create an AI that could see objects in the world, I used actor and pawn, and the AI didn’t see them at all. It wasn’t until I made it a character did the AI move towards it.
So, does this mean I need to make the object a pawn with a custom AI controller to get my AI character to see it?

@Kinos141 Notice the difference between seeing and be seen.
Seeing - the one that has the perception component - need a controller and a pawn
Be seen - can be anything, including an actor.

If that is still your case, I can’t really say why your pawn didn’t see all the actors,
but you can share more details (or possibly create a new post) and we’ll see what the problem is there.