AI triggers the jumpscare on all my players

Hello and thank you in advance for your help
So I tried to make a multiplayer horror game. the screens represent the BP_AI which is the Bad Guy of my game.
I try to do a jumpscare when the AI ​​collides with a player, it turns to face the monster and the AI ​​plays its animation then the player dies or something else, the problem is that as soon as I start the game with 2 players as soon as the iA catches a single player and plays are jumpscare the other players also suffer the Disable input As if the two were linked, I am a beginner on the blueprint and I think that the solution should not be very complicated but I’m completely lost.

Hey @camerone95!

The problem is all of your use of “Get Player Controller”. Not super good for multiplayer, it’s getting player 1’s controller for everything and replicating it to every player, and if it’s replicated everyone is their own player 1!

So do this: Set a reference for the target in question’s pawn.

Then all of those places you’ve used “Get Player Controller”, replace it with this pawn target variable. You may have to wiggle a few things and change out some nodes, but this is how it’s done! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help you are a hero

1 Like