AI Perception not ending?

Hi all,

I’m having some trouble with the following blueprint:

This blueprint is attached to an enemy, and when the player moves in range, the enemy turns to face the player. when the player moves out of range, the enemy is supposed to stop turning to face the player, but it continues, regardless of how far away the player moves.

Does anybody know what i’ve done wrong here?

Thanks!

I haven’t had the chance to mess with AI for a bit so I’m rusty but just glancing at the blueprint my thoughts are that either, On perception updated is not firing, Or, perhaps the player character is still on the array of updated actors when the update is leaving perception range?

I would suggest using a few Print strings to debug the source of the problem, IE a print at the start to show when the event is firing and a print string on the for each loop with the element plugged in so you can see if the player is still on the array after leaving detection range.

Again sorry I’m out of practice on Unreal Ai so I’m not 100% sure how the nodes are supposed to work but hopefully this will help us understand the behavior your getting so we can go from there

Perhaps something like this?

Used the third person template so change the cast to your character.
Don’t forget to set the max age on the sight sense too (or just use a set value for the timer).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.